Sewall Woods encompasses four parcels of land acquired by LRCT through tremendous work and generosity of landowners, donors, and volunteers during the years 1998 to 2007. The property consists of the A. Denny McLean and Mary McLean McBride Forest, purchased in 1999; the Raymond Tuttle property, received as an extraordinary gift in 2000; the Munro property, purchased in 2003; and the Horn property, purchased in 2007. This land, for many years cultivated by local farmers, is now conserved in perpetuity and provides scenic forest and wildlife habitat, year-round trails and recreational opportunities, and a quiet place for nature observation, all within a short walk of downtown Wolfeboro.
The property features 5 miles of designated mountain biking trails maintained by the Wolfeboro Singletrack Alliance. These trails are open to the public during spring, summer, and fall months. The trails feature beginner to intermediate singletrack and doubletrack trails that are ‘rake n’ ride and some flow, providing a multi-level experience.
Visit their website for more information on the biking trails at Sewall Woods and other nearby mountain biking areas.
Winter Activities at Sewall Woods
When snow is on the ground, the ungroomed yellow-marked trails are open and free to the public for snowshoe use.
The groomed trails are open to only cross-country skiers. You can buy a pass to cross country ski from the Wolfeboro Cross Country Ski Association.
Directions & Parking
The Sewall Woods parking area is located at the end of Clow Road off Pleasant Street.
From the North:
- Take NH Route 109 south to Wolfeboro, going down a long hill on North Main Street toward the center of town.
- Just before the Wolfeboro Inn, turn right onto Sewall Rd.
From the South:
- Take NH Route 28 north to Wolfeboro, continuing on South Main Street straight through the intersection with NH Route 109 (blinking light) down the hill into the center of town, and start uphill going out of the center of town.
- Just past the Wolfeboro Inn, turn left onto Sewall Rd.
From Sewall Rd.:
- Take the 1st right off Sewall Rd., onto Pleasant St.
- Take the 2nd left off Pleasant St., onto Clow Rd.
- Continue to the end of Clow Rd., stopping before the private driveway that extends from the end of the road.
- The Sewall Woods parking area is on the right after the last house on Clow Rd. before the private driveway.
Please respect the private property of our neighbors. Thank you.