Knights Pond is a pristine 31-acre body of water located close to the center of Wolfeboro. The 307 acre conservation area surrounding Knights Pond features 2.8 miles of trails circling the pond. The trail takes you past beautiful views of the pond, large boulders, and under tall pine trees.
LRCT purchased two of the parcels in 1989, thanks to the support of generous donors. The following year, a conservation easement was donated to LRCT and the State of New Hampshire acquired two. These five parcels make up the 307 acres of conserved land that surround Knights Pond, ensuring this peaceful area be conserved in perpetuity.
Parking & Directions
The parking area is off Rines Road near the Alton-Wolfeboro town line east of Route 28.
- From the traffic circle junction of NH-28 & 11, go 7.5 miles north on NH-28
- Turn right onto Rines Road
- From the blinker at the corner in South Wolfeboro, go south for 1.6 miles
- Turn left onto Rines Road
- Follow Rines Road for 1.1 miles
- Bear left at a fork and continue for 0.5 miles
- Turn left again onto the road to Knights Pond (sign and gate).
Please respect private property of our neighbors. Thank you.