Trail Maintenance along Jocelyn's Trail
Join our Lakes Region Conservation Corps (LRCC) members at the Red Hill River Conservation Area to help with repairs along Jocelyn’s Trail. LRCC members will work with volunteers to lop near the trailhead and remove limbs at a recently constructed beaver dam that is blocking and flooding the trail. We will provide the necessary tools.
What to Bring:
- Work gloves
- Water, lunch, & snacks
- Insect/tick spray and sunscreen
- Long pants/hat
- Close-toed shoes
- Loppers or Shovels if you have them!
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Join us in the morning, afternoon, or all day!
Please sign up by filling out our form below.
From Route Center Sandwich and points north and east:
- Follow Squam Lake Road southwest from Center Sandwich for approximately 1.0 mile to Great Rock Road, which is on the left
- Bear left onto Great Rock Road and continue for another 1.0 mile
- At the end of Great Rock Road, head left onto Range Road for approximately 0.3 miles
- If you reach the intersection of School House Road and Sheridan Road without having found the parking area, you’ve gone too far
From Center Harbor and points south and west:
- From the lights on Route 25 in Center Harbor, turn north onto Bean Road toward Center Sandwich
- Follow Bean Road, which becomes Squam Lake Road at the Sandwich Town Line, for approximately 5.4 miles to Range Road, which is on the right
- Turn right onto Range Road and continue for 1.5 miles
- The trailhead parking area will be on the left approximately 0.3 miles after passing Great Rock Road on your left
- If you reach the intersection of School House Road and Sheridan Road without having found to parking area, you’ve gone too far