John M. and Eileen R. Weeks Conservation Project
LRCT is working with the Gilford Conservation Commission to conserve the 65-acre John M. and Eileen R. Weeks property located on the western slope of Gunstock Mountain in Gilford, NH. We are excited to announce that the Samuel P. Pardoe Foundation has approved a $5,000 challenge grant to help LRCT raise the remaining funds needed to purchase this parcel. Out of the $145,000 fundraising goal, over $33,000 has been raised to date, leaving an additional $112,000 needed in private donations. The goal is to complete this project later this summer and host a walk to Sunset Ledge – when it is safe to do so – in celebration of the completion of this terrific project.
The Weeks property abuts 9,000 acres of existing conservation land in and adjacent to the Belknap Mountain Range, including the Muehlke Family Tree Farm.
The land lies within a Wellhead Protection Area to a public water supply source for the Town of Gilford and plays a significant role in maintaining the quality of ground and surface waters in the Sanders Bay Sub-watershed, which drains into the Winnipesaukee River Watershed.
Click on the map to enlarge
How You Can Help:
- Please donate securely online today
- Donate by check: Donations may be made payable to “LRCT” with “Weeks” in the memo field. Please mail checks to PO Box 766 Center Harbor, NH 03226
- Donate by phone: Call us at 603-253-3301
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and phone number if you’d like us to process your credit card over the phone.
- Spread the word: Please share this news with your family and friends!
LRCT’s project fundraising goal is $145,425, which includes the purchase price established by an appraisal, transaction costs, and funds that will be added to LRCT’s Stewardship Fund. This Fund is used to support stewardship, monitoring, and defense for LRCT’s owned conservation properties and conservation easements.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!