John M. and Eileen R. Weeks Conservation Project
HELP US REACH THE FINISH LINE!! LRCT is working with the Gilford Conservation Commission to conserve the 65-acre John M. and Eileen R. Weeks property located on the western slope of Gunstock Mountain in Gilford, NH. With the help of two $5,000 grant challenge grants, one from the Samuel P. Pardoe Foundation and another from an anonymous donor, along with private donations from donors like you, we have raised over $47,000 towards the purchase price, yet we still need of $97,000 in contributions by October 31, 2020. Please make a gift today!
How You Can Help:
- Please donate securely online today!
- Donate by check: Donations may be made payable to “LRCT” with “Weeks” in the memo field. Please mail checks to PO Box 766 Center Harbor, NH 03226
- Donate by phone: Call us at 603-253-3301 and leave your name and number so we can call you back to process your credit card over the phone.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and phone number if you’d like us to process your credit card over the phone.
- Spread the word: Please share this news with your family and friends!
The Weeks property abuts 9,000 acres of existing conservation land in and adjacent to the Belknap Mountain Range, including the Muehlke Family Tree Farm next door.
The land lies within a Wellhead Protection Area to a public water supply source for the Town of Gilford and plays a significant role in maintaining the quality of ground and surface waters in the Sanders Bay Sub-watershed, which drains into the Winnipesaukee River Watershed.
LRCT’s project fundraising goal is $145,425, which includes the purchase price established by an appraisal, transaction costs, and funds that will be added to LRCT’s Stewardship Fund. This Fund is used to support stewardship, monitoring, and defense for LRCT’s owned conservation properties and conservation easements. Please make a gift today!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT