Red Hill River Conservation Area Expansion Project
Your help is needed to conserve the 26-acre Myers family property along the Red Hill River in Sandwich, NH which will expand LRCT’s Red Hill River Conservation Area, preserve valuable natural habitat, protect water quality, and historic resources.
- Protect over 2,000 feet of frontage on the Red Hill River, which flows to Garland Pond, Lee’s Pond, and Lake Winnipesaukee;
- Expand the conserved climate-resilient land in this area;
- Conserve critical wildlife habitat and a scenic landscape along the river corridor;
- Preserve a part of Sandwich’s history in the site of an 18th and 19th-century brickyard which according to the Sandwich Historical Society provided the bricks to build the Lower Corner Store in Sandwich; and
- Add to the significant conserved lands along and near the Red Hill River from Red Hill Pond in Sandwich to Lee’s Pond in Moultonborough, NH.
LRCT’s project fundraising goal is $111,000, which includes the purchase price established by an appraisal, transaction costs, and funds that will be added to LRCT’s Stewardship Fund. This Fund is used to support stewardship, monitoring, and defense for LRCT’s owned conservation properties and conservation easements.
Working together with the Myers family and with supporters like you, we can ensure that this property remains undeveloped for the enjoyment and benefit of future generations.
How You Can Help:
- Donate online now
- Donate by check: Donations may be made payable to “LRCT” with “Red Hill River Expansion” in the memo field. Please mail checks to PO Box 766 Center Harbor, NH 03226
- Donate by phone: Call us at 603-253-3301