The Lakes Region Conservation Trust is accepting applications for the position of Development Director. For more information, please click here.
Lakes Region Conservation Corps (LRCC) – AmeriCorps Program
The Lake Region Conservation Trust (LRCT) is currently recruiting four members for the Lakes Region Conservation Corps (LRCC) – AmeriCorps Program running from May 20th through October 24th of 2019. LRCT is one of several partners and Host Sites for the LRCC program through which LRCC members are the driving force behind many of the conservation efforts of New Hampshire’s Lakes Region.
The LRCC-LRCT program provides hands-on conservation work experience and certifications over a broad range of areas which ensure that LRCC members are capable of independently approaching a variety of tasks in the environmental conservation field.
LRCC-LRCT Members work on a variety of projects including:
- Trail maintenance of LRCT’s 95+ miles of trails,
- Serving as Island Stewards on Lake Winnipesaukee islands,
- Property hosting at many of LRCT’s premier hiking properties,
- Removal of terrestrial invasive plants on conservation lands,
- Assisting with guided excursions and other education and outreach events,
- Working on special property management projects such as updating property boundary markings and signage, conducting property research and record updating projects, and access improvement projects (repair/ building of kiosks and footbridges).
- And organizing and conducting volunteer work days.
In addition to the weekly living stipend, LRCC-LRCT members are provided group housing in the heart of the Lakes Region near the White Mountains, lakes and rivers that make this region so beautiful and unique.
The trainings, certifications, and experiences that members obtain develop important professional skills that are applicable to future careers within any occupational and educational field. To learn more about this program and apply, please visit the Squam Lakes Association website: https://www.squamlakes.org/americorps
We offer wide variety of volunteer opportunities. Learn more here.