What to Expect:
- This is a volunteer ski grooming program run by LRCT.
- All of our trails are open to cross-country skiing. We are grooming some trails to provide free easy access for all levels of skiers.
- Trails will be groomed periodically and as conditions allow.
- Updates will be posted to the Lakes Region Conservation Trust’s website and Facebook page.
- Grooming may occur at any time, please be aware and step to the side to let groomer pass.
- The trails are not individually rated with a level of difficulty, but are generally easy to moderate.
- Trails are groomed to give skiers a fun place to explore the Castle in the Clouds Conservation area in a different way.
- Please keep in mind our trails are not professionally groomed and can be a little rugged.
- Due to the width and general condition of the trails the optimal skis to use are classic skis (opposed to skate skis).
- What does a “snowmobile packed” trail mean? This means we have driven the snowmobile on the trail to pack down the snow on the trail, but have not dragged the groomer behind the snowmobile which would make the typical “corduroy.”
Groomed Ski Trail Etiquette
- Be nice to the trails! It’s hard work for LRCT staff & volunteers to maintain them.
- Trails are groomed for cross-country skiers.
- Snowshoers and leashed dogs, please be respectful of groomed trails and walk along the side. Please, never step on classic tracks.
- No walking or fatbiking.
- Donations to help LRCT maintain the trails are greatly appreciated.
Castle in the Clouds Conservation Area hiking trail maps are available at LRCT’s online store here!